PDA

View Full Version : Nigo moving on?

bigtulley
11-19-2006, 04:15 AM
Came up on another forum and read this comment

i prefered all the og stuff like the thick cotton camo jackets and hoodies, 1st edition shark and woodland camo, camo box tees, futura and unkle collabos.. thats when i think it was cool. but even then it was very overpriced. to this day i will seldomly pick up a bape item if i really do like it. i must say im sick of looking at people kitted head to toe in it and all of these little hoodrats wearing it because pharrell did

nigo stated within the next 3 years he plans to move on.. it will be interesting to see all the hypebeasts do when this happens.. probably spread there jizz over bbc/icecream

when was this said and i wonder is this really true. i can't see nigo putting the brakes on this monkey (literally). he has much more opportunity to be successful off of his brand. that'll be like roc-a-fella falling apart. . .

geoff
11-19-2006, 04:27 AM
No it'll be nice for Nigo to start new, we'll get to see how good of a designer he really is. Like, if he can stay relevant to streetwear, ESPECIALLY japanese streetwear.

Syko
11-19-2006, 06:22 AM
No it'll be nice for Nigo to start new, we'll get to see how good of a designer he really is. Like, if he can stay relevant to streetwear, ESPECIALLY japanese streetwear.
i agree, well said

prins
11-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Ionno if I'm ready for change yet. I'm so use to seeing the bapeheads.

(B)ape_Child
11-19-2006, 11:59 AM
don't go way OG

you can bring it back from like 00' not 96'

are you listening Nigo

stop you bastard, I love camooooos nooooo

bigtulley
11-19-2006, 12:59 PM

i feel you on that one. but do you think he has to come up with something TOTALLY new to do that? is not the new things appearing in the BAPE line good enough for japanese streetwear?

i take it you may be actually in japan, so your opinion would be well appreciated homie.

evoke13 ver3
11-19-2006, 02:42 PM
i remember reading an interview and Nigo talked about stepping back - as in semi-retirement. he said he'll still be in charge of ape but in terms of (im guessing designs) he'll let others take over....

*maybe* he wants to focus on a bape hotel? or even a bathing ape airlines. he said it would be awesome to see his camo-print on a 747 up in the sky.

in terms of design, i personally believe this is a chance for Nigo to re-light the flames in old bape heads. going back to the OG style wouldnt be a bad thing at all.

it would to be nice to see ape less mainstream if you know what i mean. but then i guess that wont be possible if Nigo REALLY DOES go with a hotel and all that stuff.

it would be cool if Nigo decides to up the quality just a bit more in the clothing. i want to be getting more than just the bape name from my 300-700 hoodies.. HAH.

bigtulley
11-19-2006, 03:21 PM
i remember reading an interview and Nigo talked about stepping back - as in semi-retirement. he said he'll still be in charge of ape but in terms of (im guessing designs) he'll let others take over....

*maybe* he wants to focus on a bape hotel? or even a bathing ape airlines. he said it would be awesome to see his camo-print on a 747 up in the sky.

in terms of design, i personally believe this is a chance for Nigo to re-light the flames in old bape heads. going back to the OG style wouldnt be a bad thing at all.

it would to be nice to see ape less mainstream if you know what i mean. but then i guess that wont be possible if Nigo REALLY DOES go with a hotel and all that stuff.

it would be cool if Nigo decides to up the quality just a bit more in the clothing. i want to be getting more than just the bape name from my 300-700 hoodies.. HAH.

that's what's up right there! very much appreciated!

mitboi
11-19-2006, 10:11 PM
his own airline.. i really doubt that would ever happen. starting/operating/managing an airline isn't exactly the same as managing a clothing line.

evoke13 ver3
11-19-2006, 10:36 PM
true.

he said its a dream of his.... but i believe it'll be best if he kept it that way

Flagjacket
11-20-2006, 12:20 AM
BapeAir only flies from Japan to a secret landing strip in an undisclosed jungle.