PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Break It Down Why. . .

bigtulley
11-19-2006, 01:07 PM
some folks don't see BAPE as being streetwear anymore? is it because it has gone too mainstream? if so, does going "above ground" for an underground label take away it's street cred or ability to appeal to the real, certified streetwear folks?

i've been reading places and have been getting mixed comments.

also, can someone actually in japan (and onto streetwear like that) convey the sentiments for the peeps over there? i see the pics of the lines and what not at the various shops 'round there, but is that just the loyal customers or is BAPE still the leader over there?

just trying to get some knowledge as well as put some REAL topics that the forum can discuss and weigh in on. . .

czar
11-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Uhm yea Im gonna have to ask you to stop making useless post. Put it in the Lounge part. Hey mods lets get a lock on this beeyotch.

bigtulley
11-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Uhm yea Im gonna have to ask you to stop making useless post. Put it in the Lounge part. Hey mods lets get a lock on this beeyotch.

first of all mane, i'm not trying to make useless posts, but rather get some thought provoking posts in the forum. we see so much of "post your pic here" or "flame FAPErs there" we need some REAL topics to discuss.

if you are not into the more intellectual side of things, that fine. but don't try and get me locked down because you aren't.

IMO, that was a pretty low move cuz, and i think you should stick to posting on stuff you care about and leave it alone it you don't like the topic, and that's REAL TALK!

Mods, if you feel the same, please post your opinion and let a brother know something. . .

czar
11-19-2006, 01:32 PM
No disrespect but you created 5 threads that helps no one. As I said put in the Lounge or merge all your threads.

bigtulley
11-19-2006, 01:38 PM
No disrespect but you created 5 threads that helps no one. As I said put in the Lounge or merge all your threads.

and no disrespect back to you, but you responded on a thread and didn't help progress the topic. this forum is for "A Bathing Ape / BAPE". my questions are directed towards this topic. this is where the BAPEheads post other thoughts and feelings on the brand, and the most likely place of response.

the post may not help you, but may help progress more of the intellectual side of things that make a true forum what it is, and give people some good topics to weigh in on.

like i said earlier, if you don't like the topic, DON'T RESPOND.

simple as that my man. be easy. . .

moderators, please let me know if i am not correct with what i am doing and i will gladly move on. but if so, someone let their boy know to chill and comment on something he likes or post a pic somewhere. . .

(B)ape_Child
11-19-2006, 02:05 PM
just a little bit more.......

dennisrodman91
11-19-2006, 06:47 PM
bape is exclusive and not a lot of people have certain items. in japan i saw lots of bape but i was suprised to not see many. until the shark parka release. o joy, and i got one, came home to america and im happy as hell

Slim Bapesta
11-20-2006, 12:21 AM
wahts with u and questions about "streetwear" ?

kickssoul23
11-20-2006, 12:23 AM
i dont think bape is as popular as we think it is. Even when we are in NYC, we dont really see any bape products unless we are in Soho, Noho, any areas around BWS, or other underground places. I just think Bape was created to help unite some people who want to show off their style. the bape stuff are simple, if it dont stand out, it wouldnt be made. Bape is a brand that screams through its design to everyone on the block "Please look at me". i know this will offend some people that really like Bape, but i think thats why we are so addicted to Bape, and its design and creativity. Bape would only stay "in" if it stays pricy, and i am not the only person to admit that because I got into Bape because of its price, and the acknowledgment of my friends that I am wearing a $300+ hoody.

i think bape in many ways is similar to Jordans, something different and show off our wealth in style.

Taint
11-20-2006, 12:58 AM
you got into bape because of it's price???

Something I will never do, the clothes speak for themselves, if something ugly cost $300 I wouldn't buy it. I would rather spend less on this stuff, and I always say that wealth doesn't mean you have style.

buy something for the way it looks, not the price

hello tabby
11-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This influx of these kinds of posts is pissing me off.

BUKIsunrise
11-20-2006, 07:36 AM
^^^^ true fuckin story x Pi.

crs-1
11-20-2006, 08:15 AM
I wear stuff because I like it, not because it is streetwear or cool.

bigtulley
11-20-2006, 10:45 AM
wahts with u and questions about "streetwear" ?

trying to get some other topics on the forum. we see so much "post your pic", or "name the best piece of BAPE". don't get me wrong, i like to see the pics and all, that's why i joined. but also trying to get some thought provoking questions to help this forum thrive. . .

bigtulley
11-20-2006, 10:49 AM
i dont think bape is as popular as we think it is. Even when we are in NYC, we dont really see any bape products unless we are in Soho, Noho, any areas around BWS, or other underground places. I just think Bape was created to help unite some people who want to show off their style. the bape stuff are simple, if it dont stand out, it wouldnt be made. Bape is a brand that screams through its design to everyone on the block "Please look at me". i know this will offend some people that really like Bape, but i think thats why we are so addicted to Bape, and its design and creativity. Bape would only stay "in" if it stays pricy, and i am not the only person to admit that because I got into Bape because of its price, and the acknowledgment of my friends that I am wearing a $300+ hoody.

i think bape in many ways is similar to Jordans, something different and show off our wealth in style.

thanks for the input homie. i first respect that but i gotta add my two cents. i got into wearing BAPE because my friends introduced me to some stuff that had flair. the colors are just crazy! i, like many other BAPEheads, don't like to look like the next man. let me do me. let me have my own style and make a statement that is all my own. that's why i like BAPE so much. striking colorways, designs - all in limited amount. so someone MAY have what i have, but chances are that we won't see each other in person.

i dig that totally. . .

The Locust
11-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Hahaha sorry but you reminded me of a really funny Office Space scene...

Peter: "You know the Nazis had pieces of flair, that they made the jews wear..."
Joanna: ".. WHAT!?"

bigtulley
11-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Hahaha sorry but you reminded me of a really funny Office Space scene...

Peter: "You know the Nazis had pieces of flair, that they made the jews wear..."
Joanna: ".. WHAT!?"

LOL. one of my favorite movies by the way. . .

CausingChaos
11-20-2006, 09:19 PM
I got into it cuz it's hot and you wont see two people in the same place with the same shirt on...But then i seen some kids in LI with it on....kinda made me pissed...Tehy got abercrombie what they need milo and bape for

DRON61
11-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Yeah, i've been rockin new styles since Cross Colors first came out in the 90's.
I did start collecting LRG for awhile but realized it was played when i saw every fuckin kid in the city with the same hoody on. For the last 2 1/2 years i've rocked mostly Bape because its super limited and you are less likely to see some chump with the same shit on as you. No one in my area has real or even fake Bape gear. Everyone out here sweats my wardrobe....thats how i like it...

bigtulley
11-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Yeah, i've been rockin new styles since Cross Colors first came out in the 90's.
I did start collecting LRG for awhile but realized it was played when i saw every fuckin kid in the city with the same hoody on. For the last 2 1/2 years i've rocked mostly Bape because its super limited and you are less likely to see some chump with the same shit on as you. No one in my area has real or even fake Bape gear. Everyone out here sweats my wardrobe....thats how i like it...

LOL 'cause I really feel you mane. Not that I want to be a fashion god or anything, i just want to be very different from everyone else. i got in to a couple of brands myself, then i started seeing everyone with my stuff. i got some new massive revolution items and other stuff, but when you don't see your BBC shirt or your BAPEstas on the next man, you feel like you stand out in your own right.

prins
11-21-2006, 01:25 AM
Why do you care. Wear what you like, not hype