PDA

View Full Version : Pondon > UK

Classic
11-21-2006, 06:03 PM
i had to pay a £70 customs fee with the last item i ordered from japan

intending on picking up some stas from pondon~~ anyone in uk got advice or past experience in terms of getting around this / paying as little duty as possible

(B)ape_Child
11-21-2006, 06:07 PM
UK is the most expensive place to buy Bape at retai so of course

Pondon is better than the UK

that was established b4 it was even talked about

Huey
11-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Pondon <3:d:d:d

Classic
11-21-2006, 06:45 PM
UK is the most expensive place to buy Bape at retai so of course

Pondon is better than the UK

that was established b4 it was even talked about

not if you pay £120 for a pair + £70 for import duty

which is why im asking for advice on lowering import duty.

cheers

zone
11-21-2006, 06:47 PM
yeah be warned- royal mail/uk customs is a right bitch.
you have im dude.

keefboz
11-21-2006, 06:50 PM
customs suck monkey balls

Absolution
11-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Can you mark the package as a gift and not pay taxes?

This is how i ship my packages outside of the U.S and it seems to work.

Classic
11-21-2006, 07:14 PM
only if the gift is max value £36

Absolution
11-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Wow i didn't realize that.

What if you mark the package as a low value item?

I guess this could be bad if the package is lost in the mail.

keefboz
11-21-2006, 07:39 PM
yup, the uk customs are fucking thiefs, fuck 'em, best bet is to move out of that horrible country!

theafroshane
11-21-2006, 07:53 PM
try having it marked as gift.

tomtsang16
11-21-2006, 09:08 PM
damm 70quid custom fee!! dats day light robbery!! i had no problems when receiving a hoody from pondon. didnt charge me any fees, only paid 50p for getting it send to the local post office, instead of my halls, as i was at uni.

x6astronot9x
11-21-2006, 09:11 PM
just tell pondon to mark it as a gift. She'll do it and you'll pass customs with no hassles

Starky D
11-22-2006, 02:55 AM
yeah even if they do mark it as a gift it's the value they assign to it too

i ordered a top from plainflour and 13 quid of it goes just on the fee parcelforce takes for having to hold it! that's without the tax. they just work it out really randomly based on a price "they think" that item would cost

fuckers

andyn
11-22-2006, 05:02 AM
Some get through as gifts, Some get stopped.

I got caught with last order from Cliffedge but all the ebay buys have got through.

Think as it gets closer to Christmas, They will take on more staff & catch more parcels/fees.....Any excuse to make us pay more taxes

Bossman75
11-22-2006, 05:14 AM
Pondon usually marks it as gift. You should always ask on the paypal payment thing just to remind her tho.

I've been stung badly before, my AMPMs cost like an extra £60 when I got em from Japan.

All of Pondon's stuff has got through fine tho.

Then my gramps sent me a package and I had to pay £93 'VAT' on it. Fucking VAT on a gift? :eek:

It was marked gift and everything, the cunts just wanted money. Took over 2 weeks to sort it out with them as well before I got it. Parcel Force wanted to charge another £12 to deliver on a Saturday, fucking ass holes.

If I see a delivery dude in the street I'm gonna kick him in the nuts. :mad:

revs boi
11-22-2006, 05:38 AM
lucky i have been fortunate so far.

I've got a crooks medusa crew neck coming though, so i've got my fingers crossed.

Classic
11-22-2006, 05:59 AM
thx for the advice & observations~
will assume the worst and anything else is a bonus :D

crs-1
11-22-2006, 08:10 AM
only if the gift is max value £36

Nope you can mark it as gift whatever the cost, but if it gets lost/damaged and its marked as a gift you can only claim £36 max.

Its the luck of the draw with customs sometimes you get hit sometimes you dont.

Their isnt anything the seller can do about it, because even if its a gift customs still have the power to open it if they are suspicious.

kothiria
11-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Even if they do stop and open a package marked as a gift with a low value, are they really gonna know what the value of a bape hoody will be?
Parcel sorter 1: "hey thats a shark hoody, gotta be worth atleast £400, lets tax this bitch £70."
Parcel sorter 2: " nah man look, thats an OG Shark its got camo INSIDE the hood, thats gotta be worth atleast £1000!"
Parcel sorter 1: " Fuck it, we'll tax it £140 instead!"

I doubt it, maybe in Japan but not U.K!

Classic
11-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Even if they do stop and open a package marked as a gift with a low value, are they really gonna know what the value of a bape hoody will be?
Parcel sorter 1: "hey thats a shark hoody, gotta be worth atleast £400, lets tax this bitch £70."
Parcel sorter 2: " nah man look, thats an OG Shark its got camo INSIDE the hood, thats gotta be worth atleast £1000!"

lol

& yea~i already realised about setting the gift value low but then what DOES happen if it gets lost~~are you 100% fucked or is the seller responsible in some way?

for example, win the item on ebay for £200 with buyer protection then the item doesnt turn up (regardless of wether its marked for customs value as £1 or £1000) if its done through ebay does that ultimately mean its the sellers responsibility to match the lost goods at the auctions final price?

cause in the case of ebay i think it might be~~~

kothiria
11-22-2006, 10:39 AM
I recon that if it does get lost then it will be at fault of the shipping company of where it was last tracked. So if it was lost by parcel force then it will be parcel forces fault and they should reimburse you to the value of what was written on the parcel. It is always worth paying the extra something to have tracking number, atleast you will be able to check on the status of your parcel everyday.

crs-1
11-22-2006, 12:53 PM

Of course they know. They will have quotas with the value of things set on them, remember they dont just deal with clothing and shoes they deal with lots of things. Companys have to declare the value of their stock what it costs and what they sell it for to the customs and excise.

Do you think they just make the amounts they charge for import duty up?

keefboz
11-23-2006, 11:13 PM
My bro sends me Bape from england and he puts a low amount in the cost so there will be no added customs fees, not that the americans do that like those wanking english customs jerks!

Starky D
11-24-2006, 02:17 AM
lol i had a dream last night i got screwed for £100 they looked up on ebay saw the jacket i b9ought was going for 700 quid and based it on that lol

andyn
11-24-2006, 04:18 AM
hope it wasnt a preminition mate