PDA

View Full Version : My first experience in the new BBC/Ice Cream store lasted about 90 seconds

albert pujols
12-03-2007, 05:55 PM
damn, that place is pretty wack

so i walk in...and hear britney spears music in the background...i'm laughin to myself

i see the "security" guy who for some reason is just standing in front of the rack of clothes...im thinkin to myself "wouldnt it be more logical to be closer to the door, instead of right in front of where the customers are trying to look at shirts"

than i'm looking at the clothes hangin up (ice cream)..and thinkin too myself..."wtf?? i just saw all these items at barneys new york like 2 days ago..why am i looking at the same clothes over again?"...so i just head to the neon stairs

so 2 nice lookin girls worked there and they were pleasant..saying "hi" and im like "whats good?"..theyre like "how u doin?"..etc..and i keep it moving

i walk up the dramatic neon light steps...and trip turning around the corner...its too dark..

i go upstairs...and see a nicely designed room about the size of my bedroom...and see a bunch of the same wack shit ive been seeing at barneys new york...those frequency jeans that nobody is checkin for, and those hats that nobody is checkin for...

i walk downstairs, watchin my step this time...and some lady bumps into me..im turnin the corner to go down, shes turnin the corner to go up...

as im walkin out the girls say bye..i say bye..and i laugh as i see those wack ass jeans with red stitching all over 'em(and 2 other colors) in like a display case, knowing damn well those are gonna be there forever...

pros: the girls are nice, the swarovski ice cream shirt in the case looks nice in the display case..
cons: britney spears music, all 15 yr old kids, the clothes, (what barneys new york has on 3 little racks in like a 4 ft. radius, this place managed to stretch out into a 2 floor store)...

moral of the story:i really have no reason to go to that store, unless something really really really hot gets released...

the atmosphere in bape is much better

Yom
12-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Do you work for Barneys?

CausingChaos
12-03-2007, 06:09 PM
wow you did all that in 90 seconds ...pretty impressive

D-E-V-I-N
12-03-2007, 06:17 PM
i have the exact same feeling except im 16
pros girls were nice period
and the gaurds were at the door

Asami
12-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Well, haven't visited the NYC store yet but the Harajuku store was very nice so reading these mixed reactions has made me quite curious...

paulio4prez
12-03-2007, 06:24 PM
this sounds like the 2nd time i went into the store....

the first time i went in i had the blinders on buying the nyc opening t and shoes

albert pujols
12-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Do you work for Barneys?

i walk by there like everyday coming and going to work...so i'm always in there

ichibaned1026
12-03-2007, 06:25 PM
I've never heard Bape NY and nice atmosphere used in the same sentence...
last time I was there, the staff were majorly douche-like, unlike the Bape stores in Japan, everyone was nice and helpful.

paulio4prez
12-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Well, haven't visited the NYC store yet but the Harajuku store was very nice so reading these mixed reactions has made me quite curious...

IMO harajuku store is better layed out, staff is cooler and the clientelle doesn't have their mothers shopping with them.

paulio4prez
12-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Editttttttttttttttttt

albert pujols
12-03-2007, 06:29 PM
last time I was there, the staff were majorly douche-like, unlike the Bape stores in Japan, everyone was nice and helpful.

the bape staff now is like 10x more helpful/pleasant than the OG staff

the og crew just didnt give a shit about people in general

D-E-V-I-N
12-03-2007, 06:47 PM
some of the staff are dicks (rainwoo knows)

(B)ape_Child
12-03-2007, 07:14 PM
next time i'm in NY (should be end of this month) i don't care ima go in there n look at no clothes n go straight to the females on the second floor ima have my niggaz wit me (sole, billionaire_bape, doughboy90, n whoever else) n ima try to get at em

Nike DUNKaroos
12-03-2007, 07:25 PM
the girls are friendly...the whole staff is friendly...

dtrx22
12-04-2007, 12:01 AM
gonna go check it out this weekend

Mikael
12-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Does the small puerto rican guy still manage the bws nyc? he run the store in 05-06, didnt see him this fall..
He made me want to get violent

Space Beach
12-04-2007, 12:34 AM
last time I was there, the staff were majorly douche-like

I second this quote.

seena32
12-04-2007, 12:43 AM
bro i dont see why you need to post this. if we had new threads about what we hated about bbc/bape there would be 10000 of pages filled with crap.

the fact that you didnt like bbc sounds like a personal problem, because i really dont think pharrell and friends are looking at this and changing there system at bbc ny. go complain about your problems somewhere else, because i dont think that people here really care. at least i dont.

Nike DUNKaroos
12-04-2007, 01:08 AM
^^^^^^^ x2 =\ bbc ny is great imo

bapeluv
12-04-2007, 02:40 AM

yea, i agree, my gf went to bape NY n all of them didn't really wanna help(well, i always had that service since i live in miami). but the ppl at bape HK, n any of the Bape store in JP, BBC, and ice cream was extremely helpful. this one guy was takin a break like 3 blocks away from the ice cream store, n he walked us to the ice cream store w/o questions. very helpful.

urbanlifestylexx
12-04-2007, 03:11 AM
cosign seena

chriko
12-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Did you run thru the store ?

soren
12-04-2007, 08:42 AM
need to see pics of the girls!

anyone ?

Metae
12-04-2007, 09:03 AM
I dont get why stores in the US usually have guys that act like assholes when you wanna buy something and then in Asia they are so nice and helpful, and still cool.

Slim Bapesta
12-04-2007, 09:23 AM
that one blonde chic with the long hair is bangin.

chunger20
12-04-2007, 10:14 AM
its cultural...
asian countries are all about the greetings and polite customer service

paulio4prez
12-04-2007, 10:16 AM
its cultural...
asian countries are all about the greetings and polite customer service

lol and nyc is all about being an asshole

jinikari01
12-04-2007, 10:27 AM
i agreee at first nyc staffs were dicks but as i got introduced by some of the bt2 directly to the staff. they were cool and more friendly....
btw they have new staff members??? all the girls were so ugly this summer when i was there.... LOL!!!

tiffstaaa
12-04-2007, 11:09 AM

bape NY is the only store i've been to, so i assume i got accustomed and it most likely alters my opinion, but i love the staff there. the majority are real chill and say hi and make polite conversation. i guess if they see you a lot they start to warm to you? i dunno... but i concur, their og staff did suck, minus chris.

CH3SN3Y
12-04-2007, 11:53 AM
^^^^^^^^
kuli tiffstaa

Mikael
12-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Yeah but beautiful girls always get good service, atleast from guys

vanity rose
12-04-2007, 02:05 PM
it's true tiff....looks matter....you've got looks....so you will always be treated better :cool:

CH3SN3Y
12-04-2007, 02:12 PM
dont make me laugh vanity

SHESHYNES
12-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Bws > Bbc All Day.

luxplus
12-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Dickwads working at boutiques is nothin' new. There's something about boutiques that bring elitests to the yard.

Fred Segal, BWS, Alife, local skate shops...sh*t, even Abercrombie is like that. Alot of the people who work in these types of places tend to initially "size-up" people who come in to their shops. Almost like you gotta pass some kinda test just to drop coin in there.

The smaller the market for the product, the more elitest the salespeople.

Mosh_xB
12-04-2007, 04:27 PM
abercromie employees aint shit when you tell them your hat costs more than their entire outfit.

jinikari01
12-04-2007, 04:35 PM
LOL @ abercrombie
AE is better than AF imo

DeezyBape
12-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Never been to neither, but this is like the 20th time iv'e heard that BBC sucks.

jinikari01
12-04-2007, 04:39 PM
well you'll never know the truth until you go and see it for your self my friend....

albert pujols
12-04-2007, 05:55 PM
bro i dont see why you need to post this. if we had new threads about what we hated about bbc/bape there would be 10000 of pages filled with crap.

the fact that you didnt like bbc sounds like a personal problem, because i really dont think pharrell and friends are looking at this and changing there system at bbc ny. go complain about your problems somewhere else, because i dont think that people here really care. at least i dont.

this forum is called "bapetalk" right??

bbc is basically affiliated with bape right??

or am i missing something here??

oh, i get it..i should make a thread talking about how great the OG sharks look...that'll be real a original and interesting topic to talk about

jscott27
12-04-2007, 08:29 PM
wow seena take it easy

DeezyBape
12-04-2007, 08:42 PM
this is a bape/bbc forum so i think its an okay thread..

nmanderfield
12-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Dickwads working at boutiques is nothin' new. There's something about boutiques that bring elitests to the yard.

Fred Segal, BWS, Alife, local skate shops...sh*t, even Abercrombie is like that. Alot of the people who work in these types of places tend to initially "size-up" people who come in to their shops. Almost like you gotta pass some kinda test just to drop coin in there.

best post of the year????

Slim Bapesta
12-05-2007, 02:04 PM
this forum is called "bapetalk" right??

bbc is basically affiliated with bape right??

or am i missing something here??

oh, i get it..i should make a thread talking about how great the OG sharks look...that'll be real a original and interesting topic to talk about

lmao. mad funny.

jkaws
12-05-2007, 03:17 PM
those stairs arent dark enough to where you cant see someone coming up the stairs. only steve urkel trip on them joints. and i belive the bbc/icecream stuff at barneys is more expensive. the basic tees in barneys is 100 in bbc icecream they are 80. And i went with my gf and she actually knew one of the staff members there and it was all smooth the guys and the girls were cool to us. when i was purchasing something up in the bbc section of the shop one of the girls and my gf started to have a convo about SAT's and Prinston Review and shit. That kinda courtesy and integrety they showed made me wanna come back. but i do agree on you wen u say they need more heat. for the opening they should of had some new heat. only thing that was new were those boardflips, the tees, and those new bbc gloves. and i wouldnt be surprise if someone on this thread tells me those gloves came out 10 months ago in Japan. lol.....

jkaws
12-05-2007, 03:20 PM

werd the nicest employees at bape NY left... i think ima apply there if ima get paid to chill. i swear last time i went to bape there were like 30 people in the store and they were alll chillin. NIGO NEEDS TO GO TO THAT STORE AND MAKE SOME STAFF CHANGES.

wzcefiro
12-05-2007, 03:36 PM
do they still got the nice icecream+on top of waffle+wif honey smell at the store???

jkaws
12-05-2007, 03:41 PM
the smell was kinda nuetral to me homie... lol

vanity rose
12-05-2007, 04:36 PM
did they still have the waffle hoodie lol

zane
12-05-2007, 05:24 PM
did they still have the waffle hoodie lol

im sure they did

i heard if you purchase it within the next few weeks you get the limited aunt jemima syrup t

CH3SN3Y
12-05-2007, 05:27 PM
waffle hoody a.k.a tool hoody

vanity rose
12-05-2007, 06:29 PM
im sure they did

i heard if you purchase it within the next few weeks you get the limited aunt jemima syrup t

yea :D sign me up

JaceInman
12-09-2007, 07:11 PM

LV associates are REALLY nice and helpful though.

even the dude at the door.

Gbardwell
12-09-2007, 08:22 PM
BWS isnt that bad anymore. Theres still some assholes but a few are helpful

jCoN
12-09-2007, 08:31 PM
i always found the workers at bape to be nice. Thers alot of hassle going on there so i could also understand why they possibly seemed like they were assholes. But the workers at supreme...completely different story.

BapestaSk8sta
12-10-2007, 09:49 PM
NIGO NEEDS TO GO TO THAT STORE AND MAKE SOME STAFF CHANGES
cosign, the last time i went to BWS the cashier bitch was looking real pissed off at me, and im like wtf you get to try on and wear all the stuff i'm payin money for

csf xx bape
12-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Old BWS staff was the best.

jkaws
12-27-2007, 03:42 AM
cosign, the last time i went to BWS the cashier bitch was looking real pissed off at me, and im like wtf you get to try on and wear all the stuff i'm payin money for

0o0o0o i think i know who you talkin aboutt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my girl went to get me a gift there and she was so unsatisfied with the customer service that she went to bbc icecream instead. she said that girl was too busy talking about some college that shes gonna go to, when my girl is trying to buy my gift and get out of there so she can finish the holiday shopping. i miss the og staff they were truly helpful, fuck it ima send em my resume i might be a keyholder ;) lol...