PDA

View Full Version : Opinions - faded or fresh out the bag?

Bossman75
10-31-2006, 07:03 AM
Just wondered what people's feelings were on wearing faded hoodys/sweats.

Here's why I ask.

I just copped a 2005 yellow camo sweat with swarovskis off someone. He said it was hardly worn. I get it today and it is really quite faded do I assume he washed it in a machine, not dry cleaned.

Still it has that worn in look which isn't that bad. I'm pretty happy with it.

But I wore my Yellow Camo Shark to work today and compared to that it looks old. The Shark although worn a number of times now still looks like it is fresh out the bag colour wise.

For Bapestas, I like thw worn in look, means you love em and rock em often. Guess I feel this way about the apparel too. But at all the drops and lines for BWS I been too, everyone's shit looks immaculate so wonder if I'm alone on this?

PS I have flu and taking it easy at work today, hence the long post.

Hussla
10-31-2006, 07:53 AM
I don't have any problems with it being faded. That only implies that you've been rocking it, and that's what you're supposed to do with it.

AstroWolf
10-31-2006, 07:59 AM
i gottta agree with Hussla, its definitely a good sign when someone rocks their gear oppose to letting it age on a shelf only for themselves, its is clothing after all. But fresh is cool for some gear, like anything white obviously... i guess it really is up to each person, and each piece.

"a"
10-31-2006, 08:38 AM
I much much much prefer the worn look, that is why I don't like the full camo shark, it looks too new. I'm pretty sure the hoody you just got was quite washed out when it came out so maybe it hasnt faded too much. My green camo from the first release is really washed out from sleeping in the street in it, wearing it to parties and sticking it in the washing machine, and I like it that way, in fact it is the only one of my camo hoodies I am keeping even though it is size M and I usually wear L.

eric
10-31-2006, 09:09 AM
All three opinions above are spot on.

Firstly, these are hoodys and sweats so they're sort of meant to get fucked up.
Saying that I'm not too keen when one of my kids barfs on em ! And lets be honest the sort of dollar we drop on our shit does weigh on the mind. However the longer time goes on the more I bash shit up without worrying eg my orange shark - let it get a bit mashed, its a fashion colour anyway right.

Trainers however........Plenty for mash up & Plenty to keep Krispy Klean : You won't see any spots on my SuperApeStars!!!

Oh and get well

Small doob / large brandy / hot toddy and a copy of the beano (with Razzle inside) should do the trick !

Hussla
10-31-2006, 09:12 AM
Okay, kicks should be kept nice, fresh, like they're just new. And offcourse, you need a couple of pairs to beat.

Bossman75
10-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Wow lots of replies and all saying the same thing! Makes sense, tho I am sure there will be people who love the new look.

"a" - yea the full camo shark is super colourful, though I wasn't aware the 05 full camo sweat was originally faded. There is no wear showing in the cuffs or collar so does look like it was literally maybe washed once.

I've always dry cleaned my hoodies when they needed it. I don't trust washing machines with Bape.

eric - you a doctor? I like the prescription! Thanks buddy.

AstroWolf
10-31-2006, 09:25 AM
Small doob / large brandy / hot toddy and a copy of the beano (with Razzle inside) should do the trick !

I didn't understand ANY of this!:confused: And i live close to y'all savages.;)

Bossman75
10-31-2006, 10:23 AM
I didn't understand ANY of this!:confused: And i live close to y'all savages.;)

Ha ha all of the mentioned items are available in Amsterdam, readily available!

Christian
10-31-2006, 12:08 PM
If I pay top dollar for something, most likely I'm gonna wear it.

I have a pair of Sta's that are so beat, they'd probably make some people on here sick.

ogbapehead
10-31-2006, 01:08 PM
just rock it.. its all good...my futura x bape hoody is also faded.. i still wear it, dont worry bout it.

ChiLoZ
10-31-2006, 01:44 PM
robster!! rock the shit!! oh by the way.. could I borrow your sharkcamo for a couple of months? :rolleyes: hahahaha:D

CinderblocK
10-31-2006, 03:42 PM
my black skullsta kaws hoodie is faded pretty good.....its still one of my favorites

prins
10-31-2006, 04:26 PM
People buy hollister and AF because its faded and has that worn in vintage. Is it shrunk?

DGKBape
10-31-2006, 07:26 PM
People buy hollister and AF because its faded and has that worn in vintage. Is it shrunk?

they also buy shit that has holes in it...
i'm fine with wearing faded stuff as long as it still looks good and is comfortable
but holes... it looks like garbage and gets all drafty

Bossman75
11-01-2006, 04:18 AM

Nope no size change at all. From reading posts and checking it against photos it may well be exactly as sold originally. There's a pic in the pick up post section. I've hung it up and will see how I feel about it. Still agree with the fade looks good.

AstroWolf
11-01-2006, 08:14 AM
i dont mind a "distressed" wash on my T's. makes them softer, nice to wear, as long as its not totally overboard.