PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of making the trip to HK - advice?

Ricer
04-02-2007, 04:59 AM
Hey,

Im in Ireland but really wanna hit HK at some stage this year to basically shop till I drop

Looking at hotels etc at the minute...where is the best area to stay for shopping can anyone tell me....been looking at alot of places near Causeway Bay but not sure if thats where I should be basing myself

Can anyone help with some general info? Will of course be looking to hit BWS & any other reseller stores aswell as brushing up on my Nike collection

chungblam
04-02-2007, 07:36 PM
causeway bay is a good shopping district and has its share of reseller shops..times square is in causeway bay.....central...where BWS is .....is the high end shopping district with your LV dior Gucci....all that stuff.....but if you looking for resell shops/nike....mongkok is the place to be.......thats where sneaker street is......and i think thats where u'll shop til u drop.....

tomtsang16
04-02-2007, 10:17 PM
also in tst, u got silvercord shopping centre, opposite that u got gateway, harbour city.
in central u got landmark.
but for resellers most of them are in causeway bay, there are some in tst such as concept shop, mr sample kicks
like chung said sneakers go to mong kok but beware of fakes tho

CactusBri
04-02-2007, 10:23 PM
hit up the ladys market to. its near c bay. they have a lot of stuff for cheap prices. nice things to put around the apartment/house. theres a couple of malls there to but no matter where you go you'll have a great time.

htp1498
04-02-2007, 10:57 PM
You should live in TST, that's between Mong Kok and causeway bay, and it's near subway (the transportation you only need in hong kong).

that's also a middle class area compare to Caseway bay (high class area) and mong kok (more like soho)

but for shopping must visit : sneaker street - over 30 sneaker shops there but own by 4 boss basically and also around that area there's upstair shop such as jeans house where you can buy japan levis decent price.

Bape Store in Central. - also chrome hearts if you are into silver - also the new CDG store.

Caseway bay - where you find streetsbrand to luxary brand

If you haven't buy your ticket you can choose JAL, stop over at tokyo for couple of days (that's what i did) and you can then shop till you drop. (shinjuku and harajuku)!!!

SUGGESTION: bring 2 empty luggages cuz it will be full ... trust me on this... Store closed at midnight. you will have alot of time going around 7 days a week.

alcardi
04-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Mr sk and concept shop are actually nearer to JORDAN MTR, just get out from exit D and walk till you Hillwood Rd then just walk in to the end of the lane, its a long rd and dun bother to take the lift, climb up the staircase next to the building and it will lead you to both shops directly. You cant miss the shops as they are located near that staircase exit

HUSTLIN ON YOU
04-03-2007, 12:52 AM
bump. would like to know more info as well. I will be visiting HK this summer as im coming from California..=D

Ricer
04-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Cool thanks for all the info guys.....its still a toss up between HK & Tokyo but Im thinking HK would be alot easier to get around due to alot of the placenames being in english etc.
Tokyo from anything Ive seen just looks impossible to navigate for a westerner like me (but i do intend to hit it one day...just gotta find a guide for a day or 2 lol!)

Can ya'll tell me is there much of a distance between the areas of Causeway Bay, Mong KoK & Central or will the subway take care of all that for me?
Also are things like the subway easy to navigate & buy tickets for if you only speak english etc

Is TST another district too?

alcardi
04-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Cool thanks for all the info guys.....its still a toss up between HK & Tokyo but Im thinking HK would be alot easier to get around due to alot of the placenames being in english etc.
Tokyo from anything Ive seen just looks impossible to navigate for a westerner like me (but i do intend to hit it one day...just gotta find a guide for a day or 2 lol!)

Can ya'll tell me is there much of a distance between the areas of Causeway Bay, Mong KoK & Central or will the subway take care of all that for me?
Also are things like the subway easy to navigate & buy tickets for if you only speak english etc

Is TST another district too?

Yes TST is another district, and as for transport no worries cuz the MTR takes care of everything.

As for language, no worries also since most of the service staff and retail staff can speak English nowaays

hello tabby
04-03-2007, 09:29 AM
I have some advice for you.

Take me with you.

Ricer
04-03-2007, 10:25 AM
lol

looking at doing maybe 9 or 10 nights anyway at some stage this year.....HK just seems like such an easier option than Tokyo when it comes to the language barrier.....can alot of staff at places really speak english there yea? I'd imagine so considering the huge amount of westerners that must visit there

hello tabby
04-03-2007, 10:26 AM
HK is way cheeper than Tokyo.

AstroWolf
04-03-2007, 10:33 AM
HK > Tokyo, any day.

brille-brille
04-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Tokyo and Hong kong are not the same. You can't rate HK>Tokyo...
HK is cheaper, and you can easily speak english. In Japan it's the reverse; but the culture is sooo nice, people are so gentle. Well, i like Tokyo and HK both

From an historical point of view, you should see Japan, and for a shopping point of view, HK is better.

By the way, i'm going in HK in september for business and shopping, can't wait!

Ricer
04-03-2007, 10:46 AM
HK it is for deffo then - thanks all!

Anyone know of any online shopping guides or maps....I dont think Superfuture do HK which is a shame

Bape_lovers
04-03-2007, 10:51 AM
gonna go to HK in May!!!!! HK is the best!

htp1498
04-04-2007, 12:12 AM
HK it is for deffo then - thanks all!

Anyone know of any online shopping guides or maps....I dont think Superfuture do HK which is a shame

there are too many shops in a small area.

Too Dense, and many are not on the floor.

htp1498
04-09-2007, 04:47 AM
lol

looking at doing maybe 9 or 10 nights anyway at some stage this year.....HK just seems like such an easier option than Tokyo when it comes to the language barrier.....can alot of staff at places really speak english there yea? I'd imagine so considering the huge amount of westerners that must visit there

but sometimes, the language barriers made the trip even more fun if you are going with friends or GF.
i went to tokyo 2 years ago, with a friend. It was pretty fun, we didn't know jap too. it wasn't as crowded as i thought - harajuku and ikebukure ... it's alot clearning than hk too... the environment is peaceful (sound wise) suit westerners too

but hk is a good place to party... but it's little bit dirtier and crowded.

king qeemon
04-11-2007, 03:16 PM
just remember not to get stampede during rush hours on the subway.

Takeshi
05-02-2007, 11:55 AM
I went there the year before last. I did not know about BAPE then. So i did not visit BAPE HK. I was staying around mongkok. I did not really had fun. Perhaps it was because i was there with my parents. They are not so much into shopping. We did not know the place well too. Haha. Hope you will have fun.

59FIFTY
07-11-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm goin' to HK in bout 2 weeks, only for 2 days or so cause i go with my dad(we travel around china for 9 days and its free:))

jetscolor
11-09-2007, 06:08 AM
Tell you the turth, HK is very SMALL, so as long as you choose hotel within CBD area, with MTR station everywhere. You will say goodbye to your money in no time!

flameboy23
11-10-2007, 10:55 AM
advice? hit up the bape store and ice cream store...

Fetur
11-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Causeway bay and Mong Kok!
But the Metro is so fast to go everywhere so its no probs what hotel.

chriskris_1221
11-11-2007, 02:56 PM
go to juice and ifc man